Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008

Another Christmas Season has come and gone. I'm glad to see this one go. It was hard to be jolly this year while watching the people I love suffer after the death of Ashley. It was one of the hardest things I have ever experienced. I was thankful that I was able to truly, perhaps more so than ever, to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. God sent his Son to Earth to die for our sins. Having watched a mother and father grieve the death of their child this last week, I am more humbled and more grateful for Jesus than ever before.

Now on to the more cheerful parts of this holiday:

-Christmas Eve morning was spent at my Grandma and Grandpa's. We had breakfast, opened presents, etc. It was pretty much the same as every year but enjoyable as always. I would post a picture but as I look like a killer whale in all of them, I will pass.

-Christmas Eve dinner at my mother in laws was YUM-O. Prime rib. Mmmmm.

- Christmas Eve night Chris, Mylie and I exchanged gifts and watched Prancer. Mylie opened her stocking (well, she stared at it and then politely urged me to take everything out since she couldn't figure it out, lol). I love buying her things because she LOVES her toys!

- Chris got me ANOTHER Coach purse. I almost peed my pants! I also got a Chi (whoo!) and some really comfy VS pajamas. I got Chris a ton of blu rays and clothes. We were both very pleased.-Christmas morning was spent with Chris's mom, sister, and Mamaw. We had a yummy Christmas breakfast and exchanged gifts. Then, after almost passing out from laughter while watching Chris and Mackenzie on Wii Fit (I am getting one, I have decided) we went home to load up the car.
- We spent a few hours with Chris's Dad, step mom, and half siblings Austin, Madison, and Preston. We did a white elephant exchange and thought of Ashley, of course. It was hard. Very hard.
- Lastly Chris, Mylie, and I headed up to the farm to send Christmas night and the next day with my family. It was nice to finally get to see my family on Christmas Day! Again, I would post a pic but they were all far too hideous. I digress.
- The next morning, before heading home, we played football with Mylie (we yell "HIKE" and she chases Chris while I throw the ball. And vice versa. Hilarious!) Then Chris, Sarah, Matt, my Dad, and I went down to the tank, and I shot my first gun. A Mini 14...whatever that means. I was good. As Chris said, "Girl you could shoot a gnat in the butt from 50 paces". Ha!

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas surrounded by loved ones. Have a safe and happy New Year!

1 comment:

ArmyforChrist said...

It is sooooooo hard to be "jolly" when you are dealing with the death of a loved one. Two Christmases ago, we were dealing with the loss of our first child (through miscarriage), and this New Years we sat watching my grandpa slowly fading away. I'm thankful that it turned your heart to the true meaning of Christmas. We will continue to lift your family up, as it is sooooooo difficult to lose a loved one.