Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Survey

I got this from the lovely Dacia Droke

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I refuse to drink egg nog. It's thick and has eggs...um, no. I don't like hot chocolate much either. I prefer Chris's Sangria...my favorite holiday treat. Well, one of them.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? I'm afraid Santa stopped bringing Chris and I presents long ago, but as a kid they were always set out, unwrapped. Mylie's will be in her stocking Christmas morning.

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights? Colored...ALWAYS colored. They just seem more fun.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nah, it's toxic to dogs. Yes, I could hang it from the ceiling, but let's face it, she would still find a way to get it.

5. When do you put your decorations up? I usually start a day or two before Thanksgiving. I can't wait any longer!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Sangria. Stuffing.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Christmas Eve was almost my favorite. Time at the farm with family, playing games, shooting fireworks, watching Santa on the radar, counting the gifts to see who had the most (sounded really sweet until that last statement, huh? Just kidding.)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was probably in 2nd or 3rd grade. I just kind of assumed. I was one of the youngest cousins so most everyone else was over Santa by my time.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? This year Chris and I will exchange gifts that night at home since we aren't going to the farm this year because Christmas morning is with his family.

10. How do you decorate your tree? Colored lights and a mish mosh of different ornaments. Chris and I pick a new, special one ever year and write the date on it. This years? Mylie's first Christmas ornament! (Don't worry it is actually meant for dogs. I'm not dumb enough to buy an actual baby one. Especially since I found the dog one first :o))

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it. Absolutely love it. In fact, if you can believe it, it is snowing outside RIGHT NOW! I am beyond thrilled!

12. Can you ice skate? I've never tried, but based on my past experiences with anything requiring athletic abilities, my guess would be, no.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As a kid, my tug-a-bows doll. As an adult, my digital camera.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? The birth of Jesus. Spending time with the people I love.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Buckeyes and sugar cookies.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Again, Christmas Eve and everything that is associated with it. This year will be very different, but Chris and I will just make some fun traditions of our own.

17. What tops your Christmas tree? A silver tinsel star with colored lights. It is as dorky as it sounds. I bought it at the dollar store the year Chris and I lived in North Carolina just as a "this will work until we get a real tree topper" type of thing; yet, it has graced the top of our tree for 3, count 'em, 3 Christmas' now. It has kind of grown on me in a "this will make a funny story for our kids someday" kind of way.

18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving? I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind doing away with the whole gift thing all together.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Belles or Silent Night. Neither of which can I actually sing because they are both entirely too high for me, but that doesn't stop me from attempting :o)

20. Candy Canes- yuck or yum? Blah!

21. What do you want for Christmas? Coach purse.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Chris's company party.

23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? PJ's. Do not ask me to wear real clothes on Christmas. Although, this year since I am going to my in-laws, clothes will be required. Dang it!

24. Do you own a Santa hat? Nope.

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? Well, now that we are married we rotate. Christmas Eve morning is always with my Grandma and Grandpa. This year Christmas Eve evening will be with his Mom and Sister, Christmas Eve night at home, Christmas morning with his Mom and Sister, Christmas afternoon with his Dad, and then Christmas night and the 26th we will be at the farm with my family. Next year Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are with my family at the farm, the 26th is spilt between his family.

No comments: